Linux QoS Control - Features
Linux has support for Quality of Service
What is there in the kernel ?
- Queues - Class Based Queues, Token Bucket Flows, DiffServ, priority FIFO, Random Early Detection, GRED
- Each queue has a scheduler associated with it
- Classes - associated with the queues.
- Filters - to identify packets belong to a class - ‘u32’, ‘RSVP’, ‘tc_index’, ‘route classifier’
What is there to use this ?
- A tool named ‘tc’ (traffic conditioner) that can be used to set up queues, classes and filters - uses netlink sockets to interface with the kernel